Avis breakdown assistance
You're not aloneEveryone who hires a vehicle from Avis receives a basic level of roadside assistance to help in their time of need.
We also offer a supplementary Roadside Assistance Plus service, taking care of mishaps like flat batteries and locked-in keys.
In the unlikely event that you experience any difficulties, we'll get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Avis Roadside Assistance PlusIn addition to the standard breakdown assistance included with your rental, our Roadside Assistance Plus service covers any non-mechanical issue you may face. All for just £3.48 a day.
- Tyre assistance. We will replace a flat or damaged tyre with the spare or provide a tow to the nearest service facility (replacement tyre costs are an additional charge unless you have also purchased a package with zero excess reduction on vehicle and tyre damage).
- Flat battery. If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we will give you a jump start.
- Lock out Service. We’ll help you gain entry when keys are locked inside the vehicle.
- Fuel delivery. If you run out of fuel, we will deliver fuel to your location to get you on your way (fuel charges will apply).
What if I have an accident?
- Call the breakdown assistance number.
- If necessary, immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and/or the emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Remember not to leave the vehicle without making sure it is secure.
- Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses; never admit liability.
- Fill in the accident form included in your rental papers.
- Please do not have the car repaired without our prior and formal approval.